Following the analysis of the internal and external environment within which Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources operates, key strategic issues were identified which form part of the basis of the Strategic Direction.
Based on the identified strategic issues highlighted in section 2.3, the Ministry has set out an operational framework to guide the execution of its Mandate in the next five (5) years. This framework will guide the Ministry’s programmes, decision-making and resource allocation during the period 2022 – 2026 as follows:
With the necessry interventions in the exectution of its mandate, the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources’s envisions :
“A credible and innovative system for sustainable land administration and natural resources management”.
To realise the Vision the Ministry will focus on its mission ; “To effectively administer and manage land and natural resources for sustainable land use.”
The operations of the Ministry and conduct of its staff during the strategic plan period will be anchored on the following five (5) core values:
1. Equity: We serve our valued clients with impartiality considering their needs.
2. Confidentiality: We safeguard restricted information entrusted to the Ministry from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
3. Integrity: We are ethical and have strong moral principles when executing our duties.
4. Transparency: We are open and honest in land administration and natural resources management.
5. Selflessness: We put the clients’ needs first.