PLANNING AND INFORMATION
The Department is responsible for ensuring that the Ministry’s strategy, plans and programs are aligned to the national planning frameworks such as the Economic Stabilization program, the 7NDP and other policy directives that may be announced from time to time. The Planning & Information Department also has the responsibility of monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the strategy and planned activities for purposes of providing information to support evidence based decision making to Management. The Department is also responsible for Information and Communication Unit.
Structure of the Department
The Department is headed by the Director Planning and Information with two Chief Planners, two Senior Planners, two Planners and two Secretaries and one Office Assistant. The ICT Unit is headed by the Principal Systems Analyst, two Senior Analysts, three Programmer Analysts, two Computer Operators and one Data Entry Operator based in the Copperbelt province of Zambia.
Functions of the Department
The specific functions of the department are as follows:
- Coordinating the development, implementation and review of the Ministry’s Strategic Plan;
- Leading and overseeing the preparation of the annual budget, ministerial work plan and budget performance analysis reports;
- Preparing the Minister’s policy statements and budget briefs to Parliament;
- Coordinating the preparation of project proposals for resource mobilization;
- Mainstreaming Gender issues and reporting in Ministerial programs and activities;
- Preparing quarterly and annual progress reports and other reports as required (e.g. Quarterly Reports to the President, Reports on the Implementation of National Values and Principles, 7NDP Reporting);
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the strategic plan and budget and reporting accordingly;
- Conducting data and statistical analysis and developing and managing a robust and up to date database of relevant information about the ministry’s performance in relation to programs, projects and targets in order to support decision making, communication and information dissemination;
- Coordinating the review and formulation of Policies and legislation;
- Carrying out Cabinet and Parliamentary Business liaison functions;
- Managing the Land Development Fund (LDF);
- Developing the sector devolution plans and devolution strategy for the functions that have been identified for devolution.
- Managing the Ministry’s land management information system (ZILMIS) i.e. Network administration, database management, hardware and software maintenance, renewal of licenses, maintenance of the ministry’s website.